Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I am a lazy breakfast creator.








I love breakfast. The importance of the meal aside, there are many reasons for my love. Here are a few:


It's easy.
As much as I do enjoy cooking, I am a busy lady these days. Between starting some mornings at 3:30am to head to the coffee shop for work, editing photos and posting blogs late into the night, convenience is where it's at. Most foods that I enjoy for breakfast take me less than 10 minutes to prep and eat.


Healthy options. It's not hard to start off the day with a healthy meal. Even McDonalds is trying to get in on the healthy breakfast bandwagon (though they failed). Don't get me started on that one. Sometimes it's as simple as grabbing a piece of fruit and a Lara bar.


Breakfast, it's whats for...dinner?
Yes. Lunch too. Or a snack. Oatmeal, soy yogurt, fruit. Works for me anytime of day really.


Many days I grab breakfast at work, but my absolute favorite breakfast is featured in the photos seen above, the short, simple and sweet recipe is below. Enjoy!


Soy yogurt + fruit + roasted nuts = breakfast.



My favorite brand of soy yogurt is Whole Soy Co. I've never had a flavor of theirs that I didn't like. My personal go-to flavor is lemon, though the plain comes in a larger size so that you have it easily on hand for a lower cost per serving. It's high in protein and is one of few yogurts that have enough fiber to list on the nutritional label!

Fruit is an amazing creation. Most of it comes prepackaged by Mother Nature, and I have yet to have one that I didn't like. My favorites for breakfast are frozen raspberries, or canned pineapple. Both have a good balance of acidity and tartness to balance out the creaminess of the yogurt.

Roasted nuts give this easy breakfast an interesting change in texture. Fruit and yogurt is fine, but maybe a little boring. Throw some on top and stir everything together and enjoy! It's easy to roast them at home, or pick some up in individual packets at places like Trader Joe's grocery stores.

Thanks everyone who is already reading and following this blog! Day two just has me ever more excited about what this could grow to be after perusing other vegan food blogs. I would love your questions, suggestions and constructive criticism.

Love,

Kendall

2 comments:

  1. If I do yogurt for breakfast I usually do some granola instead of the nuts. It IS delicious, but man. . . . a photo really is worth a thousand words. Yours looks so much better than mine and it's essentially the same thing. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Granola is a great crunch as well! Thanks for reading, and I'm glad the photos make such simple things look so enticing.

    ReplyDelete