Wednesday, March 9, 2011

photographing {love}



One of my favorite things to photograph are people in love. With their kids, with their pets, and with each other. Amy and Pete are such a sweet couple, and it is evident from the care they take with each other that they are head-over-heels in love. They had their first date on the 9th of December, 2009 and spent three hours talking and getting to know each other over coffee at Café Ladro in Freemont. The night ended with a parking ticket, but it was worth it!

A year later (to the day) after a romantic dinner at the Canlis Restaurant in Seattle, they returned to the site of their first date. Despite the rainy Seattle weather, just out of site of the other patrons on the sidewalk, Pete dropped to one knee and asked Amy if she would spend the rest of her life with him. Happily she agreed!

I was honored for them to ask me to be a part of this special time in their lives. I had a wonderful time with them at Howarth Park in Mukilteo, and then we ventured down to the Cafe Ladro where it all began. I really enjoyed taking their engagement photos, and I hope you enjoy them too.

Congratulations Amy & Pete! I can't wait to see what is next for you two!

And, as a very wise 5-year old said marriage is "when two people apart, come together forever."

Love,

Kendall

No comments:

Post a Comment